Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthdays and Classes

Oliver Wendell Holmes once said: Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out.

So, you guessed it. Today was the day where I officially aged an entire year. yes, I did. That said, I didn't eat well today. I mean, I had a ton of calcium (chocolate) and a whole bunch of energy (carbs). And some chicken. That's about it. But it's totally okay because I ran about four miles. Well, I have a confession.
I didn't want to.
You would think that, since I signed up to do a marathon, I would LOVE running and want to do it constantly. Well, you would be believing a lie. I enjoy running once I get out there- most of the time- but today I did not want to get out there. It was a tiny bit cold outside (lower 60s- hey, I live in the South, that's chilly) so I went to the gym here on campus. All the machines were taken. But I was already in workout apparel. One thing I have learned- once you're in the clothes, it is really hard on your conscience to NOT do something athletic. Or at least for me it is. So I called my dear friend Emile, who was on her way to run, and went with her. Once I started, I was good to go.
It was tough to start, but once you jump in the water's great, right?

"The courage of life is a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy. A man does what he must, in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures. And that is the basis of all morality." -John F. Kennedy








Get Adobe Flash player

No comments:

Post a Comment