Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Racing a four month old.

I ran today. App 4 or 4.5 miles. I normally run about a nine min mile or so, but I had to stop b/c of my knee... wah... which slowed me down, and then I was fine. I tried to make up my time by stepping it up a notch. My last mile was about an 8 min mile... which is great. But allow me to tell you the real reason why it was faster. I happened to glance around behind me when I was about a mile out, and I saw this man running behind me. He wasn't just any man... He reminded me a whole ton of Vin Diesel in the Pacifier. He was ripped, about thirty years old, and looked as if he could run an ultrathon in about twelve hours and be fine. BUT, not only was he in amazing shape, he was pushing a baby stroller. I was not about to let a thirty year old man with a baby stroller pass me. I don't care if he did have the amazing ability of running a 2:00 marathon- he was running with a baby. I could hear his breathing and the wheels rolling right behind me the whole rest of the way. (Then again, I was running by a highway, so maybe it was just cars?) Fortunately, my stop was before his, and I ended up a ways ahead of him. But steadily he tread on... That is most definitely dedication.

No comments:

Post a Comment